JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Main responsibilities of the job (Duties):
Implementation, in conjunction with others, of the requirements of the Centre Manager, the Landlord and its surveyors. Supporting the Centre Manager and providing cover for periods of leave.
Health and Safety
- To ensure Health and Safety / Fire standards are met, statutory obligations are maintained, documentation implemented and communicated for the centre, car park, it’s tenants, members of the public and staff to ensure compliance
- Implement and manage internal compliance systems and carry out necessary Risk assessments
- Ensure annual / rolling audits are completed for health & safety, environmental and fire requirements and any actions completed
- Provide task / emergency plan related training to centre personnel and tenant staff
- Complete periodic updates / accuracy reviews of the evacuation and emergency plans
- Implement procedures to the Centre & Car Parks to comply with lease and statutory requirements
- Regular and effective liaison with local government authorities – environmental health, fire authority, building control and tenants on all matters relating to the site
- Co-ordinate all contractors activity, from shop fit-outs to enhancements and ensure compliance to policies and minimal disruption is caused to the centre.
- Complete additional training that may be beneficial to the role
- Implement and manage daily processes, inspections and checks to ensure the centre is operating at a high standard
- To be responsible for the reactive and planned maintenance and repair of the building and services, plant machinery and equipment
- Ensure a full Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule is co-ordinated, managed, recorded and up to date on a monthly basis. Provide updates to the Centre Manager
- Ensure all records are implemented and up to date
- Investigate and implement new initiatives and improved working practices
- Manage and respond to any customer complaints and queries either by email, telephone or face to face
- Ensure the tenants handbook and shop fit guide is maintained, managed and up to date
- Implement, record and report on tenants inspections to be completed annually
- Manage, monitor and record utility usage and costs
- Implement an energy reduction plan if required and ensure adherence to the Landlords objectives and policies for refuse, sustainability, energy and ISO 14001 certification
- Undertake the environmental audits and implement the centre waste strategy, waste audits and monitoring of waste including KPI’s
- Provide guidance, education, training on initiatives, good practice, procedures to raise awareness
- Devise and implement an annual sustainability project including annual award entries
- Implement, review and manage key performance indicators for security, cleaning, refuse, maintenance ensuring standards, hours, staffing etc are delivered
- Input into the creation of centre and car park budgets
- Liaise with the Centre Manager regarding financial spend for reactive and PPM works
- Raise PO’s and process invoices when required
- Excellent Communicator
- IT Literate to include Windows Office
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational Skills
- Experience of quality, health and safety, fire and environmental policies and procedures
- IOSH qualified
- Flexible approach to working hours, including working weekends on a Rota basis and sometimes being on call
- Previous Operations Manager / retail experience desirable
- Competency in report writing
- Experience of the tendering and procurement of contracts
- First Aid qualification
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required, and which are considered by the Centre Manager, managing agent or Landlord to be consistent with the status and the general responsibilities of the post
On-site –West Midlands, GBR
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.